Monday, October 23, 2006

Children of Men


Last night we went to see Children of Men. I went in to this movie with great expectations. It was an interesting idea with a great cast. There is a lot of people being killed as well. I was incredible moved by most of the movie and the thought that this is entirely possible. I found though that there were so many questions left unanswered. Why is the UK the only country left standing, why are they expelling all immigrants, why has the whole of the UK turned into one big Guantanamo Bay, why exactly has the world become infertile? I was also disappointed as to how this movie ends. I felt a little cheated. This movie was well filmed and the horror of the fighting scenes was done, I guess accurately as it looks like something we see happening in Iraq.
I think judge movies more harshly these days. Maybe I expect more from them than I use to. I like a movie that challenges my thinking. Unfortunately, this one didn't make it. Which is a shame because it was a good movie.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Very surprised you didn't like it Bron. It will be in my top five for the year, I thought it was very moving. I've reviewed it on my blog.