Sunday, October 01, 2006

January 31 2006

Well I am still feeling absolutely rotten but trying to push through it, I don't think the cold and flu tablets are as strong here as they are at home.I realised I haven't described our place yet. It is a three storey terrace house. I have taken a photos of the outside and I will send it soon. There are 6 bedrooms and three of them are double rooms, there is only one bathroom so you can imagine how much fun that is. At least everyone is good at keeping it clean. Our bedroom is on the second floor next to the bathroom. Our room is tiny. We are always having to step over each other, there is a heap of stuff pushed under the bed. It is tiny even for one person let alone two. I went looking at apartments yesterday and they weren't much better. We also live across the road from a park. It is pretty big and quite nice. On the first Sunday of every month there is a 5km run. I don't think I will be up for it this week, but Andrew probably will be.Yesterday was Andrew and mine 1 year anniversary. Didn't actually celebrate except for watching some tv because I am feeling so rotten, plus we don't really like going out at night. We might do something tonight.On Sunday we went into Chinatown for the Chinese new year celebrations. It looked more like the easter show than Chinese new year except for the number of chinese people and the odd dragon. Of course we had a chinese buffet for dinner. It tasted exactly the same as it would if I had had it back in Australia. It is funny how every western country does it the same except that it isn't the same food you actually get in China.I saw my first classic car yesterday, and it was a Morris Minor. I thought I would see a lot more classic british cars driving around but I haven't. But it was pretty cool to see a morry.

No comments: