Sunday, October 01, 2006

April 8 2006

Things are slowly progressing. I am registered with a few different job agencies now, so hopefully something will come up soon. I am still getting temp work for now which is good. Though a permanent job would be much better. Andrew is looking around for something else. He doesn't think that recuitment is what he wants to do. He is looking at local MPs and some other roles, so we will see what happens there. He is also doing a bit of part time work with a friend of ours who is a building. Andrew has never done anything like this before but he just follows Paul's instructions and it seems to be going okay. It means I get some tiem to myself which is nice.I have joined an ultimate frisbee team. It is an all girl team but we compete in mixed evetns. In a couple of weeks we have an event in Liverpool, so I am looking forward to that. We train every Saturday morning for a couple of hours and for one weekend a month we train all weekend. Should be some good exercise for me. I really want to get a bike, but until I get a job I don't want to buy anything.I went to Ladies night last night. I did okay but I still can't get under the 28 sec lap time which is frustrating. I also had a major accident last night. The person in front of me did a major spin and I couldn't avoid hitting them, and then the person behind me flew straight into me. Didn't look pretty and I feel a bit sore today, but it is all part of motor racing I guess. I need more practice.Andrew and I went to the Walkabout Hotel in Manchester. It was good to have some Australianess. We listened to music by Powderfinger, Living End, ACDC and we drank Australian beer. We asked if they played any NRL matches but they don't which is a bummer, they might be able to get some AFL matches but that would be about it.Andrew and I have both bought England shirts so we have something to where to the pub when we go to watch soem of the soccer matches. We don't have anything Australian to wear for those matches, but we have a feeling they may not show those matches, but we will definately do our best to watch them. At all the places I have worked they have all said that they will have tvs showing the games. So there should be great coverage over here.I have noticed that the Sydney weather is starting to cool off a bit. It is starting to feel quite nice here which is great. There is even a little heat in the sun.

No comments: