Sunday, October 01, 2006

January 27 2006

My second day in Manchester and I have managed to get myself a cold. So I am feeling pretty yuck but not feeling down which is good.I forgot to mention that it was actually sunny yesterday when I arrived. Not all day, but it was nice to see.Today I spent the day in the city wandering around. Found a couple of great shopping centres, one called Arndale and the other I can't remember but it was mostly restaurants and it had the picture theatre. It was also the place of the Hard Rock Cafe.Everything feels so familiar here but I look at all the architecture and it is so different. Even the trees seem different. Oh and the fact that there is a brewery down the road from us, thankfully not too close because it emits the most foul smell. It is enough to turn you off beer, thought it doesn't seem to effect to many peple.Manchester also has a ferris wheel, not as big as the London eye but it claims that it has the best view of Manchester I may have to get Andrew to take me up it one night or day or something.

No comments: