Sunday, October 22, 2006

Elizabethtown

The latest movie watched is Elizabethtown. I went into this movie with anticipation. I am a fan of Cameron Crowe and love his attitude towards road trips and the music to go with it, think Almost Famous.
I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the fact that the roadtrip only made up a small part of the movie, but the soundtrack was spot on. All hail Cameron Crowe.
I thought Kirsten Dunst character was a little annoying, but interesting. I am a fan of Kirsten Dunst so am happy to let it slip (hanging out for Marie Antoinette, also another favourite director Sophia Coppola). On the whole I would recommend this movie, though if someone can explain to me what happened with the shoe I would greatly appreciate it. I know something big went wrong, but I am sure that is never explained. The relationship between Eleanor and Orlando Bloom's character was shallow and never fully developed, I guess left to our imagination. A little sad for him.
I did find the end slightly predictable, but at least it didn't fall on its ass like Hitch. I apologise to anyone who liked that movie, but I am sorry, the ending really sucked.

No comments: