Sunday, October 01, 2006

January 26 2006

I arrived today to freezing cold weather. I will be much more prepared for the weather next time I leave to house.The flight was good though very long. I managed to have three seats to myself on the flight between Singapore and Frankfurt which meant that I could actually get some sleep. It has meant that I don't feel so jetlagged at the moment. I feel like I want to go to bed, but I know I can hold out.It is kind of hard with Andrew gone to work so I probably won't see him until tonight, though I might be asleep by the time he gets home.The room he has is tiny, barely enough room for one person. One of the people in the double room is moving out so we will be able to move in there this weekend if we are lucky. We are also going flat hunting this weekend. So it will be a tiring weekend and then I am hoping to call a couple of agencies next week about getting some work.The area we are in now is actually Moss Side, which I know a few people have already warned me about. So we are going to be looking a little further out from here.Everything is pretty much as I imagined it. All the houses look like they are straight out of the tv shows I grew up watching. The accent I am not finding very hard just yet but I haven't had to listen to intently at the moment.

No comments: