Sunday, October 01, 2006

Way beyond the comfort zone

Now that we have internet at home I am able to get my blog back up and running. I have managed to copy the old blog across. There is a lot that has been missed over the last couple of months but I have sent emails so that will haveto be enough for now. After reading my friends blogs I decided to upgrade mine, and completely delete the old one.
Work has been really overwhelming recently. I am in charge of reception. This means that if there are issues with staff, I have to deal with it. This includes disciplinary meetings and firing staff if necessary. We have one staff member that I have to go down this road with. I feel that I am in way over my head as this is something I have never had to do before. I am getting a lot of help from my managers and the HR manager, but it still very daunting. It has made me think whether I am really up for this. But then I thought, the whole reason I came here was to get new experinces and no doubt this training will help me in the future, especially if I get into teaching.
I have been studying hard recently, though not sure if it is paying off. I received my first assignment back. I passed, but I thought I had written an assignment at least worth a credit. The notes that the marker has made, does make sense and I can see where I went wrong, it was still a disppointment. For my second assignment I have to write a two hour lesson plan. I actually managed to finish it today and am quite proud of it. I can see why I failed last year when I had to construct a lesson. This semester I have been able to focus so much more on what was required which has been fantastic, such a great help. Plus being able to do my uni stuff at work has been a big blessing, especially when it is quiet.
We had a massive charity event on at work on Friday night. It was also Andrew's birthday so I paid for him to attend the event. We had a couple of celebrities, but no one exciting, which was a a shame because I was hoping to tell everyone who I got to meet. But the event went really well. All the racers had a good time and we managed to make a decent amount of money for the Red Cross. It meant that I had a 16 hour shift, but thankfully the day went very quickly.
In regards to my stomach pains, I haven't had any for almost 3 months now. It has been really great. I have had more blood tests (which came back all clear, even my liver test which was a little bad from the first results). I also had an ultra sound down on my gut. I haven't got the results back yet, but when it was done they said I had gallstones in my gall bladder. So I may have to get them removed because if my stomach acid builds up then it will cause the stones to flare (that is my understanding, I could be completely wrong, I have to wait to hear from the doctor).

1 comment:

Ray said...

Hey Bron, welcome to blog world. I'll be interested to read your stuff!