Sunday, October 01, 2006

July 20 2006

It is still incredibly hot here. Yesterday the temperature was up to 36.2 degrees which was the hottest day ever recorded. All you hear about is the weather. The first news story for yesterday was for how hot it was. It feels like a normal summer day for me.
Things are going well here. Work is less busy now that we have a couple of more receptionists. It is great to be able to have a couple of days of a week now. I am making the use of this time. Unfortunately I am not able to spend the time with Andrew as my days off are usually during the week. We are feeling a little strained at the moment, but taking as many opportunities to be together as possible.
I have not been feeling particular homesick since I have been here, though I have been feeling a little down recently. I am trying to pull myself out of this funk. We are trying to get out more which is helping. Next month I am hopefully going to Cardiff for a Frisbee tournament which would be fantastic. Andrew has a busy weekend this one. He is going to York and Birmingham. York is for a run and Birmingham with work. He is looking forward to it and it will be great him to be seeing some new places instead of me going away all the time. I ma working all weekend so we wouldn't really be seeing each other much anyway.
I am starting to get on top of my stomach pains. I went to see the doctor again today and she gave me different tablets to take, which are stronger, and she also ran some blood tests. She thinks that it might be some kind of bug that causes the acid in my stomach. I am hoping it is this bug because it is treatable. Every time I have been to the doctor's since I have been here I haven't had to pay, even for the blood tests and the pap smear. I have had to pay for my prescriptions, but even they aren't too expensive. It has been a big relief that this was the case because I was worried that it would be costing me a fortune. But I am glad that this problem is close to being solved!

No comments: