Saturday, December 20, 2008

ill

I am not a big fan of being sick, but I know that it is the body's way of telling me to stop and slow down. Get some rest. Which is exactly what I am doing this weekend. Spending time in bed and catching up on my reading which is great because I have a masive pile of books to read and it just keeps getting bigger.

It does mean however that I can't go out carol singing tonight. I was going in to Waterloo train station with some friends to sing and try and raise money for an orphanage in Kenya. The same one I am hoping to spend some time at next year. I even bought Christmas earrings and a hat for the occasion.

It has given me the chance to finish Hillary Clintons autobiography, Living History. She speaks quite candidly about her husbands infidelity and the struggle she went through at that time. I find her an amazingly strong woman with very clear beliefs that she will not waiver on. A woman that I can really admire. Politics is not something I want to do, but her strength and conviction shows me that I can do anything.

No comments: