Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Wicker Man

Here in the UK it is often the case when you buy a newspaper that you receive a free dvd. Actually you get all sorts of free stuff like cds our books. We have collected quite a lot of stuff. One of the dvds we received was The Wicker Man, not the Nicholas Cage one, but the original.
I would have to say that this would be near the top of my list for all time great movies. THere was suspense, intrigue and an ending that completely through me.
A policeman is brought to an island off the coast of Scotland after receiving a letter to say that a young girl has gone missing. When he gets to the island no one knows who she is. There is no record of her anywhere. Though as he digs deeper he begins to see the true nature of the island and what may have happened to this young girl.
I thought this movie was going to be a horror movie, but it wasn't. The characters are well defined and storyline has been well written and the whole thing has been put together perfectly. I highly recommend you watching the original of this movie. I am hoping to watch the re-make with Nicholas Cage and see how the Americans twist this classic story.

No comments: