Sunday, February 04, 2007

Crash

I have finally seen this movie and I have to say I was blown away by it. It was a movie that I could actually sympathise with the charaters and see how people don't necessarily realise they are being racist. Ryan Phillipe's character was the easiest to like, so the ending came as a complete surprise. I didn't like Thandie Newton's character, she was whiny and supeficial, I couldn't place her at all. But overall the movie was really well written and the characters built in such a way that you can really understand how they came to be, they weren't 2d like a lot of characters in Hollywood movies and tv shows for that matter these days.
We watched this around the time that all this controversy about Celebrity Big Brother and racism. To be honest Jade deserved the punishment that she has received, though I believe that some people have taken it too far. The fact that this show built Jade up to who she is now, to then a few years later cause her absolute down fall is highly ironic. It also makes you think about what kind of society are we that we can turn this sort of person into an overnight success without knowing anything about her. One of many cases where celebrity has ruined a life.

No comments: