Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Usual Suspects

Last night we watched the Usual Suspects. I have never seen this movie before and when I originally heard about it I didn't think much of it.


I have to say that I thought it was a great movie. It was succicnt and very well written. There are a lot of killings, but the storyline gets you hooked and you can look past all that. The best part was so little swearing. If a movie like this was made now, they would be swearing the whole way through it. The twist at the end is well played. You don't entirely see it coming but it slowly dawns on you in the final interaction with the coppers.

I thought Kevin Spacey's performance was brillance. I have never been a huge fan of his, but after this I have to say that I am a lot more impressed by him.

If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend it. I feel that movies these days seem to lack something. They are either remakes, sequels or childrens movies. If something is "original" it is still taking from other movies. It is a little disappointing to see movies go this way with only a hope that movies can get better without all the dribble.

No comments: