Sunday, March 01, 2009

What do I believe in?

I grew up in a very christian household, my grandfather was a minister in the church. I was baptised and confirmed in the Uniting. My whole life revolved around the church. I made a lot of friends and I did a lot.
As I got older I became more disillusioned by the whole idea of church. It may have been the church that I was attending, I am not sure.
It wasn't until I left the church for a couple of years to come back and to have been forgotten. There were so many new people and I no longer felt welcome in a place that I thought of as a retreat, a place of real spirituality.
I lost hope in the church and the idea of being told what and how I should believe it.
Since being in the UK I have learnt a great deal about myself and what I can achieve. I have an amazing inner strength and power that guides me. When I connect to that power and the power within everyone that I feel like I belong. Everyone and everything is connected. When something happens in one place it affects another. When we are connected we are at our strongest.
I am learning to connect with the world as a whole not just through some God that will one day judge me for everything that I have ever done. I connect with Love.
That is what I believe in!

No comments: