Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Dark Knight

Well, what can I say, but wow! I went into this movie expecting it would be good. But it exceeded my expectations. Heath Ledgers performance deserves whatever accolades we can give to him. I believe it would take a lot to look within himself to create a character such as this. It makes me wonder perhaps what this role did to him. He is just so plain evil and twisted. This movie is the top of the all time best movies, and his performace has to be right up there as well.
I was a little disappointed in the setting. Gotham has always been a small town with big personalities, this Batman it seemed that Gotham was huge and the personalities smaller. Except for the Joker. Along side him everyone seems so small, even Harvey Dent and Batman. I am sorry to say that I didn't like Harvey Dent. I wanted more evil from him. He was too human and Gotham was too New York.
It felt like Heath knew it would be his last role and he put his whole self into it. It is so sad to know that we will never see a performance from him again.
I was suprised at the ending, it threw me. Not what I expected. I womder what the next Batma movie will be. Will they ever bring the Joker back. My hope is that they won't, I don't think anyone could do a better or even the same performance.
This is my number movie of all time, highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Ray said...

Wow big call, number one all time. Yeah it was greatand Heath was amazing. It won't be my 1 for the year but it's top 5 for sure.